Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 2

Today is offically the end of my second perfect food week and I'm so excited to announce that the scale says I lost 6.8 lbs this week. Woohoo!!!!!!!

It's also been a fabulouse weekend! I feel like I accomplished a ton and still had plenty of downtime to relax and recharge for the week to come.

Last night I managed to stay on the elliptical for a full 60 minutes. I seriously hit the wall at 27 minutes and thought I would die trying to make it to 30 minutes but Lori was still going at it on the treadmill so I kept hanging in there and all of a sudden I realized I had broken through the wall and was feeling pretty good so I just kept going.

Then today, it was such a gorgeous day, Lori suggested we head over to Bunker Lake Regional Park because she read on their website that they rent snowshoes and with a little explanation that anyone can snowshoe. So we got all dressed up in our warmest snow garb and drove to the ski/snowshoe rental office to find out that the whole "with a little explanation" phrase was a very hypothetical concept because no one in the office had the ability to provide that little bit of explanation. First of all, I have warn snowshoes before and what he brought out of the back room looked NOTHING like what they strapped on my feet at snow camp. They looked more like something you would see on the wall of a rustic mountain lodge and after spending several minutes trying to figure out how to attach them to our feet, I gave up in utter frustration!!! However, we were not to be broken.....because we still had THOUSANDS of steps needing to be stepped. So remembering a small park up the road that has a walking trail, we decided to check and see if that trail was by any stroke of luck groomed for the winter and ahh.....sweet success. We walked the loop twice to get all our steps in and it was fabulous!!!!! Blue sky! Sunshine! Fresh air! It was spectacular to be outside for that hour and a little bit.

So week 3 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment