Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So clearly the whole country is on a BL wave....today I found out that the government's Human Resources Management department is running a "Biggest Winner" program for the next couple months. I figure I might as well join that one too, since there are prizes involved. Of course they don't tell you what the prizes are. My luck they will be something like a lifetime supply of celery and cottage cheese or the like. Anyway, I figure I can use all the motivation I can get so I might as well go for it. Besides, how many people will sign up and not finish?! Let's be honest, the only reason I say that is because historically I've proven that could be me.

I probably need to go back and read Ali Vincent's book again and write down all the things she said that I found so motivating. One thing I remember was how she started the habit of saying her mantra to herself "believe it, be it". Funny thing, that's the same thing my "Slow Fat Triathlete" lady kept saying (BTW, fun book). She said she felt really stupid saying positive affirmations outloud, until she realized that they were helping her stay focused and succeed at her goals.

So what is my personal mantra?

Any suggestions? Do you have one that works for you? Just curious....

No comments:

Post a Comment