Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh and it buttons!!!!

Yes, I know that for most people making that statement would refer to something they purchased long ago when they were a smaller size. In my case, however, it refers to my brand new winter coat!!!

You see, I live in Minnesota and I went all of last year with nothing more than a jean jacket because I just couldn't bring myself to go shopping for a winter coat. But this year, I know more about living in Minnesota and I realized how I was tempting fate to be out on the road with nothing more than a jean jacket. So I gave in and went coat shopping. At this size, shopping for anything is less than fun but a winter coat? Michelin Man here I come....but I digress.

Surprisingly I found a coat I actually liked and there was only one problem.....it was about 3 inches short of buttoning. That would normally stop me in my tracks but in this instance, I really liked the coat. Plus, the fact that it is double-breasted meant that I could fold the fabric over itself and protect myself from the weather....it just wouldn't button and the next size up just didn't work. So I bought it!!!!

I can honestly say this is the only time in my life that I purchased something that was too small or right on the edge of too small where I actually grew into it. I actually grew smaller and IT BUTTONS!!!! Woohoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment