Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Lazy River

A couple weeks ago I heard about a local water park with a lazy river and ever since visiting Sea World's Discovery Cove, I do love a lazy river. Anyway, my friend said that this water park opens the lazy river early 3 days a week for people who want to walk the lazy river....either with the current or against the current.

Lori and I decided to give it a go this morning and oh my goodness is that a good workout!

We manager to complete about 6.5 trips around. That equals a little over 1 mile walking against the current. Wow! My legs were really burning by about halfway around the FIRST lap, by the third lap I could feel blisters brewing on the ball of my left foot and by the time we hit the last lap I felt a blister brewing on the ball of my right foot.

When the time had elapsed and we were all asked to exit the water I was just arriving at a zero entry ramp where I could simply walk up the ramp to exit the river. Yes, I know that sounds very benign but after pushing against the current for a mile or so, walking up that ramp and losing the buoyancy of the water was way more difficult than it sounds. My legs felt so wobbly and couldn't stop giggling. I think that was my first experience with what my body will feel like when exiting the water at the triathlon. I'll have to give that some practice over the next year.

All in all that was a great way to start a Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment