Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good news but still not a great day

So I've been experiencing sharp pains and aching in my right foot for weeks . Today I finally had a chat with the foot Dr.........and I'm not broken!!!! I was extremely happy to hear that but I would be over the moon if that diagnosis could mean the pain in my foot evaporated along with it, but alas that is not the case. Prescription? Take it easy, always wear supportive shoes and Ibuprophen. Well, I guess that's still better than broken!

I have to say the rest of the day was a real struggle. Do you suppose a person can bonk while not riding a bike? If so, I think I did that today. I waited too long to have breakfast and pretty much never caught up on my energy or my hunger all day. Unfortunately, when that happens the thing that suffers the most is my state of mind and resilience. Then I needed to work late leaving me having totally tipped over the edge of hunger and having lost my mind.

The result?

I ate a donut when one was offered and I simply couldn't face working out tonight. Neither one reflects the end of the world but it does remind me that I need to take care to feed my body properly. Also, I'm a bit sore from my first few workouts so a day off may actually be a good thing even though I actually missed really getting my heart beating.

So tomorrow is another day......and it will be in different shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment