Saturday, January 10, 2009

Reality

Reality is a tough thing and this week has been a painful reminder of that fact. There is always that point where you must transition any quest from visualization into action. Of course, that is the point where all the pictures in your mind can begin to lose focus.....you may have experienced this point yourself at some point in your journey. It's the point where the pain begins!! The point where you realize what the contestants on the Biggest Loser were feeling when they just couldn't seem to convince their body to stay on that treadmill, elliptical or stairmaster. Well I hit that point this week and although I am confident my performance would have brought on the wrath of Jillian (and Bob for that matter) I still got on that elliptical 3 times this week and that's 3 times more than I did last week. It was a rough week emotionally..... starting a new eating plan, a new workout plan, changing companies (AGAIN..3rd time in a year), feeling the financial pressure of needing a paycheck. That's alot to handle all at one time particularly the financial pressure. Thankfully, I was able to stick to eating only things that are on the plan even though I did not take in as many calories as I should. This morning I weighed in at 252.6 so that is 3.4lbs lost this first week. This coming week my goal is to be on the elliptical at least 5 times and do a minimum of 45 min. each time.

Today is my birthday so I will be going out to dinner with family and friends tonight. So we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment