Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 1

All the plans have been laid and all the preparations have been made so the only thing left is the pain. :-)

That became abundantly clear shortly after getting on the elliptical. Ugh! I made it 30 agonizing minutes, took a few minute break and got back on for another 17 minutes. I am sure I could have done the other 13 minutes I intended but my biggest problem is becoming more mentally tough and pushing through the pain. My only consolation being that I got on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Yesterday I read an interview with Lance Armstrong in Outside Magazine where he once again mentioned the fact that he likes the suffering that goes with training. I wonder if I will come to enjoy the suffering? Hmm I guess only time will tell.

Today was also the first big weigh-in. Although you will only be hearing from me, I am so glad to know I am not on this journey alone. A couple of my friends and I set up our computers and did our big weigh in via Skype which actually made it kind of fun. You know, the kind of fun that includes standing in very few clothes, in front of a video camera and standing on a scale in front of a few of your closest friends. Yep, that kind of fun! At least it wasn't in front of 10 million television viewers...that would have been the hardest part if I had been chosen to participate in the show.

I have taken the precaution of having subjected myself to a health screening....and the dreaded blood draw so I thought I would share the "before" numbers. Thankfully the news was not all bad....I am not diabetic and my cholesterol, although borderline, it not sky high....just my waist!

Weight - 256
BMI - 42.6
Waste Measurement - 51 in
Resting Heart Rate - 67
Blood Sugar - 71
Total Cholesterol - 203
Good Cholesterol - 33 (this is low so I will begin Omega 3 Supplements to increase it)
Triglycerides - < 50
Bad Cholesterol - Could not calculate due to low Triglycerides

I guess it's a good thing to know where you are starting....even if it's hard to see in black and white. Come to think of it, it's easier to see it in black and white than in the mirror!

To Our Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment